First Few Days

Hola from Barcelona,

This week has been exhausting and a whirlwind of emotions. I wish I could say that I haven't been struggling with letting my anxiety get the best of me but that would be a lie. The first few days have been very hard for me. I have been very homesick and upset. The 7 hour time difference does not seem to be helping with this issue. However, I have gotten to FaceTime the ones I love dearly and that has helped along with the amazing support system I have behind me and all of the prayers being sent my way.
Today has been better. I have stayed as busy as I can. The only time it has hit me today is being alone at night getting ready to go to bed. I am going to embrace as much of this experience as I can and continue to stay busy the rest of the trip knowing that it will fly by and I will be home before I know it.
The first few days of school have been very different but an awesome experience. I am working with first grade boys who are very busy but love learning. The school we are at has classes separated by gender so I am with 6 and 7 year old boys all day long! It is very exhausting but very exciting at the same time. The group of us at this school gets a free lunch ticket so we all sit and eat together. They have an hour and a half lunch break so when we finish eating we go out and walk the streets of Barcelona. The city is very pretty but very busy. I will soon be making a post about my first impressions of the school, city, etc.

Adios

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey is about to Begin

Lasting Impressions