The Journey is about to Begin

March 27, 2017

As I sit here and create this blog I can't help but feel overwhelmed with emotions. I can't believe how fast time has flown by since I first began my freshman year at WKU in 2013. Now I am exactly 3 weeks away from getting on a plane to travel abroad to Barcelona, Spain where I will finish the last part of my student teaching before graduation.

Coming to college I would have never imagined having this amazing opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and do something I wouldn't normally do. I have always loved traveling, but I have never had the chance to go over seas, especially without my family. I pray that with this journey I learn more about myself as a person and teacher. I can't wait to experience new cultures and see a whole new part of the world. A group of us plan to explore Barcelona during our time there but also plan to travel to Rome and other beautiful countries.

I know that my time there will be short so I want to take it all in and enjoy every single second while I am there. Although I will miss my loved ones immensely I am very excited for this upcoming trip! I will be using this blog while I am there to talk about my experiences and share photos if you want to keep up with how it is going!

"Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show."

With this quote I want to bring back stories and knowledge to share with family, friends, and future students.

Until next time,
Mackenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lasting Impressions

First Few Days